Wednesday, October 3, 2012

In which I have too many feelings

Dear Libraries,
If people can say anything about my passion for libraries and information, it's that I have too many feelings about them. I love the field so freaking much I'm writing a freaking blog of love letters to you, for god's sake. This summer has been tough, especially in the face of the harsh reality that even in the libropolis that is the Greater Cleveland area, there are simply no jobs. None. Not a one. Certainly not a one for a young poser like myself who thought it was a good idea to get some work experience after college instead of going straight to grad school, and now even all the parapro jobs I should be almost qualified for are being taken by those who are decidedly overqualified but basically in the same position as me where the professional jobs are concerned. So it goes. Don't worry, though, I still love you. A lot. In a borderline-obsessive-stalker-fangirl kind of way. And just like that fangirl, I won't be going away anytime soon. Barring a restraining order.

Anyway, the point is, I'm starting this blog as a way to keep myself motivated and true to you in the face of constant (and understandable) rejection. The sting of casual corporate oppression is softened by the knowledge that one day, my perfect library will sweep me off my feet and carry me off to its castle of public servitude. Until then, I'm resigned to drawing your name in hearts and writing you love letters that I'll never send. Come soon, sweet library...the dragon is lurking.

Forever yours,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment